The geoDSR™ Tablet is our “Geospatial Digital Sound Recorder” system deployed on a rugged Windows-based tablet offering a professional user-friendly data collection device for recording georeferenced audio. The geoDSR Tablet is used to record sound along with continuous GPS metadata from moving platforms such as aircraft, vehicles and people for use in GIS mapping and analysis software.
As an “all-in-one” tablet, the geoDSR Tablet eliminates the need for a separate GPS receiver, touchscreen monitor, power source and cabling for an ultra-portable solution without any additional physical setup requirements. Simply plug a headset, microphone or other audio line-in, and in seconds you are recording continuously geotagged audio files for map-based playback.
Post-data collection, georeferenced audio files recorded with the geoDSR Tablet can be opened in our LineVision™ mapping software suite, giving users the ability to click on a GPS track to cue and listen to the sound at any given location.
geoDSR Tablet Capabilities
- Geo-reference audio with synchronized continuous GPS coordinates
- Mark points of interest along the route with waypoints and optional descriptions
- See your real-time position and route on a map while recording
- Post-mission mapping software for “click-on-route” audio/sound playback
geoDVR Tablet Optional Modules
Our optional geoDSR modules offer flexible and scalable capabilities for enhanced in-flight mission capabilities and metadata capture requirements for a variety of geospatial audio data collection applications.
geoDSR Tablet Specifications
Microphone Input Connections
- 3.5 mm Mic Jack
- Built-in Table Mic
Audio File Format
Connections & Media
- 3 x USB 3.0 Ports (with Docking Port)
- Micro Serial Port USB 3.1 Type-C
- 1 x Ethernet Ports
- Smart Card Reader
- 1 USB GPS Receiver/Antenna
- 11.6” FHD 1920×1080, 16:9
- Outdoor-readable Display w/ Gloved Multi-Touch
- Gorilla Glass
- CPU: Intel i5-7300U 2.6GHz
- RAM: 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 Memory
- M.2 SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive
- Draws 45 Watts, 19.5 Volts
- Onboard Battery
- 110V AC Wall Power Adaptor
Form Factor & Environmental
- Weight: ~2.82 lbs (without accessories)
- Dimensions: Height: 0.96″ (24.38 mm) Width: 12.3″ (312.42 mm) Depth: 8″ (203.2 mm)
- IEC 60529 ingress protection 18: IP-65 (dust-tight, protected against pressurized water)
- Docking Port
- Detachable Keyboard
Some specifications will vary depending on geoDSR Tablet configuration, optional modules selected and/or types of camera(s) used. Specifications are subject to change based on available tablet PC hardware.
Ready to Get Started?
geoDSR News & Updates
Check out the latest geoDSR related news and updates from Remote GeoSystems.